Monday 23 December 2013

Design for Print & Web Research

I started this brief fairly late, but had a good idea of what I wanted to produce for it. So I knew where and what to research. I started with looking into things which I was planning to create through this brief. I had compiled all of my images onto a pinterest board. 


Considering that this was the final brief of the module I decided to use some of the processes I did not get a chance to use in the previous ones, or use things that I simply had not done before.

This next image interested me as I have always wanted to use holographic card and have always been intrigued with how you can see so many colours in different light.





After having seen this I wanted to try and get hold of some card which was similar or foil maybe.

Considering that I had included to brand the cafe as part of the gallery I also had a look into branding for cafes, which is when this next image really caught my attention.



I liked how they had broken down what fonts they had used in the branding the different variations of logos and colour schemes, along with any patterns that they had used.

I also looked into corporate branding as I came across images as such which gave me a few ideas of how I could go about doing it.



I also saw a few images of banners which gave me ideas on what I could have as inspiration, my trip down to london to the galleries tied in with this very well, which I have documented on my Design practice blog.



I was also thinking of some things like bags if the exhibition had a shop?



I searched for galleries and info and wayfinding and found some interesting approaches to how it had been done.




Now that I knew what I was going to be producing I started to look at booklets and things I was going to be producing like posters and corporate branding.









No comments:

Post a Comment