Saturday 2 November 2013

Design For Print Research

I started to look at images and things which I thought we related to print in order to get ideas and inspiration for what to do.

I have linked the pinterest board (link) which I used to compile all of the images I thought were appropriate. I have also linked a few here which I thought stood out to me the most.

This image below came up after I looked in to some of the processes I wanted to look into as part of this brief. One of them was foiling and this was one of the images which came up when I had searched it using designspiration 


I found this image interesting as I had never thought to use foil as a form of stock and I think that it works very well for a single colour image like the one above. I also like how it has been folded.

This next image was one which I found as I had said that I wanted to use florescent colours as one of the things I hadn't done before.

This image I thought made good use of florescent colour as I think that it can be done very well and also very bad and I think the selective use of the colour in this works very well.

This next image was one which interested me a lot as it gave me the idea of using holographic foil.


This next image intrigued me as I had never done anything using odd paper folding or binding, so that was another thing which I wanted to try during this brief.


I started to do workshops for things I had not done before. I have documented this on my design practice blog.

From looking at these initial images and after the crits I had on the brief, I started to look into things which I knew I was going to be doing, which I have pinned on to the same board. But these images below are some more which stood out too me.



This image was what I imagined when I was still proposing to do belly bands around each type of poster. Also the use of florescent colour.

The next image was one which was very crucial to my design decisions as it was after seeing this I knew what format I was going to have my posters in, in terms of folding and overall structure.



I like how this shows only a small snippet of the design but then folds out into something bigger but has been designed to work with the folds.


I had also created a separate board (link) for the style of info graphics I was thinking of using for my posters. 

This final image was what really influenced how I had the image side of my poster as I think the halftone photo and text on top worked very well.




For all of my poster all of the contextual information was found out when I was doing the processes or from last years inductions, I went and asked the technicians what and how things were done.





No comments:

Post a Comment