Friday 16 January 2015

Module Evaluation

1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?


I feel as though one of the skills I have developed throughout this module was the ability to write academically. I found this to be one of the most challenging parts of the module as I found myself knowing what I wanted to say but  a times struggled to get it down on to paper. I also feel that once I had grasped the way in which academic writing is achieved I successfully and effectively applied it to my writing and practice. 

2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?


I have developed a further understanding of designing for targeted audiences and certain markets, in this case it was for a commercial audience. This greater level of understanding informed by design decisions in the form of what deliverables I chose to design and produce.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?


I think that one of the main strengths throughout this module for me was being able to fully understand and apply the theories that I had used in the design process, I feel that this allowed me to capitalise it in the sense of what I designed and how suitable it was in correlation to the written element.


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?


 One of the main weaknesses I came to face during this module was with the production of my deliverables. I initially wanted to produce things using corrugated card board or some sort of card which was similar to that which is used in the commercial production of beer boxes and cases, but due to time restraints and faults on the part of the website I had ordered the card from I had to use multiple sheets of card stuck down. In addition to this I also wanted to print all my box nets and labels using clear adhesive paper, but there was not enough stocked in the print room. I would simply purchase and test stock and materials a while before deadline next times. 


5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?


  1. Planning ahead more thoroughly, which will enable me to test and try materials before it gets too late.
  2. A focus group - I would have done a trial for different designs of the brand which I think would have given me a more accurate perspective on the designs.
  3. I would have done more research towards the practical elements of the module as I think it would have informed my design decisions more than the research I did manage to do.
  4. I would have also liked to have given myself more time to photography and produce the work as I felt as though I had rushed it.
  5. I would finally plan my time better as it is the one thing which has effected all of the down sides which I found throughout this module.


6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 


5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance



x

Punctuality



x

Motivation




x
Commitment




x
Quantity of work produced


x


Quality of work produced



x

Contribution to the group




x

No comments:

Post a Comment